Neurological Vision Rehabilitation Fellow Program
BRIVS developed a Neurological Vision Rehabilitation Fellowship Program in 2019 and was granted candidate status by the American Occupational Therapy Association. The program’s focus is to promote clinical excellence in neurological vision rehabilitation in an outpatient occupational therapy setting.
Our fellowship program provides an intensive, twelve month experience combining clinical and didactic learning opportunities. The program will offer fellows at least 340 hours of one on one clinical and didactic learning opportunity. This occurs concurrently with clinical practice as a treating therapist in the outpatient and inpatient settings. The fellow will attend specialty conferences, monthly physician-led rounds, special interest groups, in services and outside seminars.
The program combines clinical mentoring, the opportunity for advanced clinical practice, didactic information, and specialty learning.
- Fellowship program goals will be achieved through a combination of formal and informal educational methods and roles:
- Direct care provision as well as mentored clinical practice in outpatient vision program services of Good Shepherd Rehabilitation. Clinical mentors have specialty training and backgrounds in areas including vision rehabilitation, vestibular rehabilitation, acquired and traumatic brain injury, Neuro IFRAH functional movement systems, cervicalgia, sports rehab, neuro optometry
- Didactic learning and structured mentoring sessions
- Participation in clinical research projects
- Participation and leadership in Neurologic special interest groups.
- Community outreach, endeavors project.